Welcome

This blog is about whatever the hell I want it to be. Which is mostly movies, comics, videogames and literature for the most part.

Occasionally it is funny.

Enjoy

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

So I broke down.

I joined Twitter.

I refused to join for the longest time in spite of many, many urgings from my friends for a lot of reasons. I remembered MySpace that was the hip thing in high school and how it tanked after a few months and became useless. I remembered the constant spam and the retarded music being played for the mere seconds it took you to find the player on the site and kill it.

Mostly I refused to join Twitter was because I wanted to be "that guy" who refused to join Twitter.

Anyway, I broke down yesterday. I think it was the @denisleary thing about Irish History that sold me (I'm mostly Irish). That and @FeministHulk.

So I made an account and struggled with the Avatar updater (yesterday for some reason there was a major lag that took 20 minutes for the pictures to show) and basically acted like I was in an AOL chatroom from the 90's for a few hours.

I miss those days, the heydays of AOL's roleplaying chatrooms that would quickly devolve into shooting the shit with a bunch of people you don't physically know but are willing to call friends because of familiarity. I spent hours in those rooms (in fact, I can honestly say that I can spell much better because of the spell-check and the good-natured ribbing you'd receive if you happen to spell there/their/they're incorrectly) and remember the time spent fondly.

Twitter is almost the same atmosphere except that there's a chance a thousand people will jump in, not just the max room count of 26. In fact, it is possible, if someone were famous/popular enough, that the entirety of Twitter could jump on the conversation.

That's ridiculous.

Also, impossible, I know, because people have multiple accounts and stuff and they'd have to be piloting 3 or 4 conversations at once.

Anyway, I know this post isn't all that funny (and for that I am truly sorry) but I just wanted to reminisce. And stuff.

Have a funny picture.



















-McK

No comments:

Post a Comment