Welcome

This blog is about whatever the hell I want it to be. Which is mostly movies, comics, videogames and literature for the most part.

Occasionally it is funny.

Enjoy

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Magicka, a game that was made with me in mind.

Last night the League of Legends servers were down so I started poking around the Steam store for games and found one for $10 called Magicka. It's a game where you play a wizard and you have 8 elements you can combine on the fly to make awesome spells. For instance, you can combine shield with arcane, which makes little eggs that act like mines and blow the shit out of everything. Or you can combine water and frost and you can shoot out a shitstorm of icicles like a machine gun. You can combine earth with water and shoot a water ball that makes everything wet, then shoot lightning at the wet things which conduct it to everything that's wet around them.

The game is based loosely on Celtic mythology and everyone speaks in fake Swedish. When one of them said "we are up shit creek" you can't help but hear the voice actor say "poopen crieg."

I love magic. I read fantasy almost exclusively, tend to buy games where there is some form of magic. If there is a game where you can be a mage, warrior, or shooter (Fable, for example, or Kingdom Hearts) I am always a mage. When I play DnD games I am always, ALWAYS either a wizard, sorcerer, warlock or cleric... or a monk. Monks have a special kind of magic where they can kill a three ton ogre with their bare hands. THAT'S MY JUSTIFICATION AND I'M STICKING WITH IT.

So you might get the idea that in a game where I can make any type of magic on the fly and do whatever I want with it is awesome times awesome, squared. I find myself keeping goblins alive with my healing ray so I can try out new combinations of spells on them. The NPC's in the game are kinda hard to keep alive with all the explosions happening but there's no consequence that I've seen for killing them.

Look, I'm not going out of my way to kill them, alright? They should know better than to stand in front of a wizard.

Also Vlad (who is not a vampire) is hilarious. He appears and "helps" you through situations and he is most definitely not a vampire. You can even ask him, and he will tell you, with 100% certainty, that he is not a vampire.


-McK

No comments:

Post a Comment