Welcome

This blog is about whatever the hell I want it to be. Which is mostly movies, comics, videogames and literature for the most part.

Occasionally it is funny.

Enjoy

Friday, April 29, 2011

Capslock for Outrage, Addendum

So yesterday I put up a post basically showing my thoughts about the whole dumb "teacher who also wants to write books and possible make more than the $2.00 an hour a teacher makes" by satire.

Today I want to articulate a little more on it with my actual thoughts.

Let's say I have a child in school. Let's say I found out that his/her teacher is a stripper in her spare time. I would ask two questions; one, is she stripping for the kids? No. Okay. Two, is she telling the kids she's doing this and it's awesome/you should come see me? No. Okay.

What's the big fucking deal? As long as she's teaching what she's supposed to teach and not putting that shit in the school then whhhooooooooo cares?!

When I was in High School I had the best teacher ever. When we were learning about fuels in chemistry he walked in one day, drew a penguin on the table with some substance and lit it aflame.

"Today we are learning about low burning fuels," he said. "This is _____ (can't remember the name of the shit) and it does not produce a lot of heat. Notice that most of the flames are blue and that the table is not melting." It was a plastic table.

The flames died away and he went on with lessons.

A parent got wind of this and raised holy hell. How dare he expose her son to fire of all things and blahblahblah. I happen to be really nosy so I found out his solution for the whole thing: Don't like the way I teach? Find a new school.

I hope the teacher in that news article tells all the "concerned parents" to go piss up a rope. From what I can gather from my google-fu, the school is a public one which means the children are receiving a free education.

Why are they complaining? GO FIND ANOTHER SCHOOL. GO HOME SCHOOL THEM.

Friggin' idiots.

-McK

No comments:

Post a Comment